Subscribe:
Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in a nutshell

My 2013 was a blast. It was a fancy roller coaster ride full of ups and downs with some eye popping screams in the middle :)) But seriously, it contains a lot of new experience which I think had made an impact in my life. A lot of smiles, disappointments, happiness, gastos, friendships and relationships had painted the year which I survived.

To summarize:

- I chose to focus on trail running this year. I discovered a lot of new playgrounds, learned a lot of life lessons and became a better trail ultra runner for 2013. Bataan, Rizal, Balagbagan, Lonely Dead Tree, Andolor, etc. O, did I mention 60% of the time I ran them during a freaking storm? :))

- Travel was also good this year. I was able to go and run in Batanes, Antique, Siquijor and Negros. Beautiful places which offer new challenges. Thanks to sports tourism, I was able to enjoy both travelling and running at the same time

- New buddies and teams. MGM (guess what it means) which shares the same wavelength as me in terms of hobbies and philosophies.

- Destroyed my 2 DNF's last 2012. I demolished the demons that haunted me for the year in BDM 160 and CM 50. I was back with a vengeance

- Relationship was ok at the beginning of the year but I lost it. No regrets, I just used that extra time to be a better person and shifted my focus in training

- GASTOS is up this year due to multiple reasons. But again I won't regret it as it is for an achievement in this lifetime

- Earned 3 grandslams this year: BDM, TD and PAU. It was a very crazy idea that I won't be repeating ever again!

- Updated my PR in all the distances (5K, 10K, 21K, 42K, 50K, 100K, 160K). Plus I finished my first 100-miler trail ultra! :D

- Injured for the nth time. Tigas kasi ng ulo...

- Discovered a lot of about breaking your limits and succeeding your inner demons. It is epic and you'll never know how it feels until you reach that point

It is a very short list. Next year, I'm shifting on a different focus and insanity. I will continue mastering the trails and make my 2014 the year of the insane trail running. I will also be making some major decisions soon which will further define the year 2014.

I'll stop thinking about it for now. In the meantime, I'll just sit back and relax as the new year passes by.

Thank you to the people who made my 2013 a very significant and unforgettable year in my life.

Cheers to 2014! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly Pinoy!