Subscribe:
Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Amador Daguio

During our trip in Pinatubo last Saturday, we had a side-trip to the Capas Shrine. The huge needle surrounded by marble walls was truly an eye-candy for anybody who went there. The walls bear the name of all those patriots and veteran who marched from Bataan to Capas, Tarlac during the war.

But what struck me most was a line of a poem from Amador Daguio at the end of one of the walls. It says:

"And when the world shall wake again, from the grim decay to growth and beauty, let no one know my pain, but i have done my humble duty..."

Wow! This was one of those things that struck me by the heart; I easily connected with the message it was trying to relay.

Now I'm a fan of Amador. I'll search more of his poems and put it here in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly Pinoy!