Subscribe:
Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, May 10, 2010

First 50K experience

It was a very tough-tough race!!! Sir Jovie was not kidding when he said that it was a very challenging race when he first briefed us about it. How hard was it?

- The terrain was challenging because of the crazy uphills which from my estimate resulted to 30 degrees inclination. Ok sana eh, kaso yung mga inclination niya sustained for almost 2 km.

- The heat!!! I was targeting to finish the race within 6 hours but the heat and exhaustion will literally kill you. I'm not sure what's the temperature yesterday but I'm pretty sure no one would like to stay under it starting 10 am onwards. (sunog na sunog ako). I was wearing a hydration belt pero di talaga kaya ang init (yung gatorade na nilagyan ko ng yelo, within 15 minutes uminit na uli!)

- Training is the key. Lack of training caused me my speed and endurance to suffer. Although it was not only me, a lot of runners probably experienced walking during the last 15 kms. (grabe, almost 80% of my last strides I walked).

- Kaunti na lang mababaliw na ko sa kakabilang ng mga markers papuntang finishline. Lagi kong tinitignan ang lupa to see how far I'm to the next set of marker. Grabe, mag-isa lang na naglalakad sa init ng araw, ilang beses ko na inisip himatayin!

- Strength is another key factor. Like the previous entry, this race is not for the weak hearted. I salute those people who finished late (mga 12 noon) because of the scorching heat from the sun. Saw two topless guys still running to reach the finish line when we were going home (mga 130 pm na ata yun)

- Without the support crew of takbo.ph, i might not be able to finish the race. Thank you for the hydration, food and sponge bath (amp! super lamig!) which helped me kept going in the race. I'm forever in-debted with you.

This is really a remarkable experience for me. Sobrang hirap but that won't stop me from joining the next one. PAU - Laoag, here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly Pinoy!