But days had passed and the pain is still here, nagging me and dragging my progress. Because of this i had convinced myself to slow down and rest.
Here are the 5 things that I will do during my rest period:
1. Sleep - i need to have enough sleep again. sleeping at least 8 hours per day.
2. Eat - i don't have to worry about this. Food will help me build my strength and energy to propel thru my next set of trainings.
3. Stretching - stretching those darn affected muscle would help hasten the healing process.
4. Reduction - reduce training intensity in terms of speed. I would still continue building the base mileage with slower pace
|Sleeping with eyes wide open|
Will this work? Will i get better? I hope so. I only have a few weeks before my first training checkpoint and im hoping that i will be in-shape by that time. I'll try a couple of things as well to ensure my faster recovery but I guess a proper rest will be a key ingredient in getting stronger. As coach Salazar said, "ang katawan kailangan bigyan din ng pahinga para lalong lumakas, pag sumubra, baka ma-injure at mawala ang training progress".
Hoping to get well soon. The wait is killing me.
|Never-ending wait! :))|
* - Picture credit to various sources in the internet