Subscribe:
Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Globe Run Post-mortem write-up

This is my first attempt to formally do a write-up about a run. And it is supposedly fun! :)

March 21 2010 marks the 2nd Globe Run For Home held at the Ayala Triangle. It was the first ever run which will start and end at the heart of the Makati CBD so I got excited about it. Also I've marked it as my "pambawi" run after an unsatisfactory record during my Unilab run (I was injured on that event and it caused me my PR :( ).

I'll categorize my comments about the race under the (+) and the (-):

(+)
- New route for seasoned runners. Most of the events that I joined was held in the Fort area and I was always looking forward for something new. Also the new route inside the heritage park was really challenging
- Tons of hydration stations! More than enough water, sports drink and banana to support the runners across the race
- The ice-cold sponge. I felt refreshed after squeezing one in my head and putting it at my back
- Freebies are abundant! (breakfast, magazines, bags, etc.)
- Medical help are everywhere. I saw a couple of ambulance throughout the route which were ready to help
- Bulk-registration discounts were cool! :)

(-)
- Registration logistics. Only one person was manning the registration booth doing all the chores. Imagine how long would it take to have 10 people registering 10 runners at a time!
- Bouncers during the event. I've read the comments from a running forum about how they affect the event. IMHO, bouncers belong to the club not to racing events
- Traffic control. We understand that it's challenging to control traffic since the race is held within the Makati CBD but it's equally important to consider the safety of the runners. I witnessed some close calls where the drivers were really insisting about crossing the intersections.

Overall, the event was a great as I'm guessing a lot had enjoyed both the race and post-race events. Kudos to the organizers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly Pinoy!