Seriously, if you're planning to do some serious distance running, do take some time to rest and prepare your body. Makulit lang talaga ako! as I don't want to taper yet. Hay...
Here are an excerpt I got from the Internet about tapering a week before your long run (get the full article from here):
ONE WEEK BEFORE YOUR MARATHON
- Cut mileage to about one-third of normal during your final week before the marathon. Keep your normal pace for the most part. Slowing too much can alter your stride or make you feel sluggish.
- Give your muscles a chance to rest and skip your strength-training routine in the final week before your marathon. You won't get the benefits from it until after the marathon anyway.
- Eat a diet rich in complex carbohydrates (whole-grain breads, pasta, and cereals), and drink plenty of fluids. In the week before your marathon, about 65-70% of your calories should come from carbs. Avoid alcoholic beverages since they have a dehydrating effect and can also interfere with your sleep.
- Take at least one or two days off during marathon week. Some people prefer to take off the two days before the race, while others will take off Friday before a Sunday marathon and do a very easy 20 to 30-minute run the day before the race to work out last-minute nerves.
More: Should I Run the Day Before My Marathon?
What to Do the Day Before Your Marathon
- As race day approaches, you're likely to be stressed and irritable. Stay relaxed and confident, and know that pre-race nerves are normal. Try to avoid stress-inducing activities or situations. (For example, don't go to the DMV in the week before your marathon!) Start practicing some methods to deal with pre-race anxiety. It's never too early to start packing for your marathon. Leaving it to the last minute is likely to create unnecessary stress.
- Get your friends and family on board to be your race supporters. You can share these tips for marathon spectators with them to make sure they're ready to cheer you on
Good luck on your weekend races :)
|Mmmmmm, carbo-loading!!! (pansit the best!)|| |
*- Images are from various resources in the internet and owned by their respective authors